Another punch from Old Man Winter is affecting schools and events in our area.
Schools that are already closed as of 9:00 a.m., include:
- Alexandria, Ashby, Osakis and Underwood. There is no school in New York Mills today, but that was a scheduled day off.
- The M-State campus in Fergus Falls is closed. The Wadena and Detroit Lakes campuses will be closing at 12:00 p.m.
- Several other area schools will be dismissing early. As of 10:30 a.m., that list included:
Bertha-Hewitt (Dismissing at 12:15 p.m.)
Browerville (12:30 p.m.)
Little Falls (12:00 p.m.)
Long Prairie-Grey Eagle (12:45 p.m.)
Menahga (12:20 p.m.)
Park Rapids (11:00 a.m.)
Parkers Prairie (11:00 a.m.)
Pelican Rapids (11:00 a.m.)
Sebeka (12:30 p.m.)
Staples-Motley (12:30 p.m.)
Swanville (12:00 p.m.)
Upsala (12:00 p.m.)
Verndale (12:30 p.m. Buses depart at 12:40 p.m.)
Wadena-Deer Creek (Middle/High School at 12:15 p.m., Elementary at 12:30 p.m.
This list doesn’t sports or other after school activities. That list is already long and growing all the time. Check your school’s website or social media accounts for the latest updates.
Other weather related announcements:
- Wadena Zone LWML Planning Meeting scheduled for 1:30 p.m. Friday has been postponed to Thursday, January 23.
- Wadena County DAC is closing at 1:30 p.m. Buses leave at 1:45 p.m.
- Little Kids Club and Kids Krew in Wadena is closing at 2:00 p.m.
- Friendly Rider will be closing at 3:00 p.m. Friday and will be closed on Saturday.
- Wadena Junior League bowling has been cancelled for Friday night and Saturday.
- No Meat Raffle or Bingo at the Wadena Elks Lodge Friday night.
- No Elementary Basketball in Verndale on Saturday.
- New York Mills Girls Elementary Basketball Tournament on Saturday has been postponed to a later date TBD.
- The Menahga Family Fishing Derby has been postponed to Saturday, January 25.
- Author Frank Weber’s presentation scheduled for Saturday, January 18, at the New York Mills Public Library has been postponed to Saturday, March 14.
- The German Supper scheduled for Saturday, January 18 at St. Henry’s Catholic Church in Perham has been postponed until Saturday, January 25.